A Model, Not a Mantra
Do you have ‘The Lord’s Prayer’ memorized? (Be honest!) If so, which version? Let me know that and any other comments below.
- Do you have a ‘model’ or pattern you follow when you spend focused time praying? (Not something your recite, but basic elements you include and/or order you follow.) Why or Why not?
- There is nothing inherently wrong with not having a ‘pattern,’ but Jesus obviously saw the benefit of giving us a model. Why do you think that is?
- Why is it important to begin our prayer…
- Focused on God?
- Focused specifically on the traits “Father in heaven” bring to mind?
>>> If you are not in the habit of starting your prayer time focused on God, try that the next several times and see what impact it has on your prayer life.
* To “Tag Two,” you need to check the “Also post on Facebook” box. Thanks!