Does God Want Everyone to “Understand” His Word?
We can understand God’s Word – IF we choose to. What do you think about that? Let me know in the Comments below…
- It is understandable why Mark 4:10-12 sound like God doesn’t want everyone to “understand” what they “hear,” or even to be “forgiven.” One key principle interpreting the Bible is to view less clear passages (like this one) in light of more clear passages.
- How does Mark 4:21-23 help us understand 4:10-12?
- What other verses in this passage help us?
- What other passages in the Bible also help? (E.g., 2 Peter 3:9; John 3:16-17; Roman 16:25-26)
- ‘Everyone of us is just as spiritual (i.e., ‘spiritually mature’) as we want to be.’
- Do you agree with that statement? Why or why not?
- What have you done to be ‘just as spiritual as you are’? … What have you not done?
>> What is one specific thing I can do or stop doing to become more spiritually mature?