Am I Really Supposed to ‘Enjoy’ Trials?
Be sure and share your reaction to the video and/or answers to any of the Action Step questions in the ‘Comments’ section below. Thanks!
- What was your reaction the first time you read/heard, “Consider it pure joy… whenever you face trials of many kinds”?
- How do you view this verse now?
- Would God ever ask or expect us to do something that is impossible? If not, what does that mean we need to do when what a bible passage asks of us seems impossible?
- Determining to face trials with an attitude of Joy is possible – but still not easy. That is the reason James’ ‘How’ in verse 3 is so important.
- Think of a trial you have faced or are facing – In what specific way was your “faith” in God tested?
- What impact did the experience have on your faith? How was that impact connected to how you faced the trial (with joy, or not)?
- What is one specific thing you will do to deeper engrain the truth of these verses and prepare you for facing trials with an attitude of joy?